In consideration of the Regulation of Awards and Honourary Titles of the University of Szeged:
“24.§ (1) The Honourary Certificate shall be awarded to those former students of the University, who graduated 50, 60, 65 or 70 years ago, whose career based upon public esteem, and with his/her professional work, their whole life, has increased the reputation of the University.
(2) Concerning the awarding of the Honourary Certificate the decision is made by the competent Council of the Faculty.
(3) To certify that the decoration was awarded, the decorated receives a Honourary Certificate.
(4) The award of the Honourary Certificates, provided by the Faculties, shall happen in ceremonial circumstances (start-of-term banquet of academic year or diploma ceremony).”
If you graduated 50/60/65/70 years ago from the University of Szeged, Faculty of Law and Political Sciences and would like to participate in the Honourary Certificate Ceremony, you shall do the following:
Send the documents enlisted below to the Dean’s Office of the University of Szeged Faculty of Law and Political Sciences until the 15th of May of the given year, in person or by post (6720 Szeged, Tisza Lajos Avenue 54. I. floor) or via electronic way (e-mail: email@example.com):
1. petition to Prof. Dr. iur. József Hajdú, Dean of Faculty that the petitioner graduated 50/60/65/70 years ago, and would like to request a Honourary Certificate.
2. copy of diploma (copy of certificate and/or copy of formerly awarded Honourary Certificate; do not need to authenticate.)
3. professional curriculum vitae (10-15 sentences, work places, positions, academic degrees, bar exams, acknowledgements, awards, other)
4. personal data: place of birth, time of birth, mother’s name, address, contacts of phone and e-mail
5. date and number of diploma
Data disclosure form for petition of Honourary Certificate is available for DOWNLOAD HERE
The petitions of Honourary Certificates are heard every year in the session in June of the Council of Faculty.
The Dean’s Office will give notice in time about the exact time and place of the ceremony.
(Usually, the award of Honourary Certificate takes place in the 3rd or 4th week of September (on weekdays).)
We kindly ask, if you have any question concerning the Honourary Certificate, do not hesitate to contact us !
We warmly welcome and receive the applications of Our Former Students!
Contact details of the Dean’s Office of the University of Szeged Faculty of Law and Political Sciences:
6720 Szeged, Tisza Lajos Avenue 54. I. floor
H-6701 Postal box 454
Telephone: 62/544-197, 62/544-196